Chevron Wheatstone Onshore LNG Facilities
The Wheatstone onshore LNG facilities are located 12 kilometres west of Onslow on the Pilbara coast of Western Australia. The foundation project consists of two LNG trains, a domestic gas plant, product storage tanks, administration facilities, utilities and a material off-loading facility and jetty. The Wheatstone onshore LNG facilities are operated by Chevron.
SCOPE OF WORK
Altrad Services were contracted by the onshore LNG facilities EPC Contractor, Bechtel (Western Australia) Pty Ltd, to provide painting, insulation, fireproofing, and scaffolding services during the construction of Chevron’s Wheatstone onshore LNG plant.
At contract award, the scope was exclusive to inside battery limits. Throughout the course of the project substantial additional works were incorporated into the Altrad Services contract inclusive of the provision of the same services in the outside battery limits and the domestic gas plant areas of the facilities. Altrad Services also provided multi-disciplined rope access services.
- Painting, including surface preparation
- Insulation including but not limited to mineral wool, perlite, foamglas, cryogel, of piping and equipment
- Surface preparation and touch-up of damaged paint
- Structural steel surface preparation and painting
- Fireproofing (cementitious and intumescent) of structural steel and equipment skirts/saddles
- Scaffold erection and dismantling
- Rope access services to bolster all trade disciplines
- NDT Baseline survey and associated insulation removal and reinstatement of inspection ports
- Completion of punch list items from the fabrication yards and vendors
- Commissioning and start-up support across all above mentioned services
- Onslow primary school – upgrade (new equipments, playground, bike racks, gardening, water bore, solar panels)
- Onslow anglican church – refurbishment, rodeo clean-up, sports centre maintenance and bowling green repair
- Local Onslow mechanical, accommodation, builder and equipment businesses
- Indigenous community – facilitating training and opportunities for Indigenous Altrad Services employees and Chevron trainees; volunteering in the selling of Individual Education Plan merchandise and participating in NAIDOC week activities
Feel free to contact