Inpex Ichthys Onshore LNG Facilities Construction
The Ichthys Onshore LNG processing facilities are located at Bladin Point, approximately 50 kilometres from the centre of Darwinin the Northern Territory. The purpose built state-of-the-art onshore facilities include two LNG trains, LPG and condensate plants, product storage tanks, administration facilities, utilities and a materials off-loading facility and jetty. The Ichthys LNG project is operated by Inpex, Japan’s largest oil and gas exploration and production company.
SCOPE OF WORK
Altrad Services were contracted by the Onshore LNG facilities EPC Contractor, JKC Australia LNG Pty Ltd (JKC), to provide miscellaneous painting and insulation works comprising the supply of manpower, equipment, materials, tools and consumables. At contract award, the Works were to substantially take place in Train 1, however, throughout the course of the project additional selected works in Train 2, theInlet Facilities and the Product Loading Jetty were incorporated into the Altrad Services contract.
The Works generally comprised of the completion of remaining Base Scope Works and Replacement Works that were not completed by other contractors currently on site or as a result of carryover work from the overseas module fabrication yards.
The Base Scope Works included:
- Painting, including surface preparation and insulation including but not limited to mineral wool, polyisocyanurate (PIR), acoustic, and flexible elastomeric foam (FEF), of piping and equipment;
- Surface preparation and touch-up of damaged paint;• Structural steel surface preparation and painting;• Completion of miscellaneous punch list items from the fabrication yards and vendors;
- Miscellaneous material supply.
The Replacement Works included:
- Removal and repainting of protective coating of carbon and stainless steel piping and equipment;
- Removal and re-installation of insulation including mineral wool, PIR, acoustic and FEF.
Additional scopes also incorporated:
- Scaffold supply, erection and dismantling;
- Fireproofing (Intumescent and Vermiculite);
- Rope access services to bolster all trade disciplines;
- Drain hole drilling;
- Stickers and labels installation.
NOTABLE BENEFITS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Local Labour content of 23% achieved at peak manning;
- ATSI Labour content of 4% achieved at peak manning;
- ATSI Business content target exceeded;
- JKC Monthly Emerald Standard Award for Environmental excellence: Winner three times.
- 8,775 m2 of Blast and Paint
- 17,500 m2 of Paint Touch-Ups
- 24,467 m2 of Insulation
- 1,991 Tonnes of Scaffolding
- 7,790 m2 of Fire Proofing
- 6,565 Valve Boxes
- 4,107 Labels & 9,580 Tags
- 2,286,234 Total Manhours
- Over 1,600 Personnel at peak
Feel free to contact