AGIG Hydrogen Park EPC
Tonsley, South Australia
AGIG’s Hydrogen Park of South Australia (HyP SA) will deliver a 1.25 megawatt electrolyser at the Tonsley Innovation District.
Valmec (now part of Altrad) was contracted as EPC for the onsite infrastructure for South Australia’s first renewable hydrogen production facility, in Tonsley Innovation District, Adelaide.
- 25 MW Electrolyser
- 100 KG Hydrogen per Day
- 100% Renewable Energy
Properties around the HyP SA facility will be supplied with blended renewable hydrogen gas through the existing gas network, as part of a five year demonstration.
- 25MW Hydrogen Electrolyser
- Engineering, Design & Construct
- Major Procurement
- Civil Works
- Structural, Mechanical & Piping
- Electrical & Instrumentation
In conjunction with our engineering partner GPA Engineering, HyP SA has received a number of accolades in recognition of its role in demonstrating the pathway to a cleaner energy future, including:
- 2020 Engineers Australia Australian Engineering Excellence Award winner
- 2020 South Australian Premiers Awards for Energy and Mining, Innovation and Collaboration’ category commendation
- 2020 SA Climate Leaders Awards, ‘Business and Industry’ category winner
- 2020 Australian Pipelines and Gas Association Environment Award winner
- Winner MENA Hydrogen Project of the Year 2022
- We achieved over 90% local employment and 50% local spend.
This facility is the largest renewable Hydrogen generation facility delivered in Australia to date.
The facility is also the first to blend gas into an existing domestic gas distribution network.
The site, which is located in an urban infill area within Adelaide, has required due consideration during design to potential impacts on neighbouring land use.
Valmec has worked with AGIG during the ECI phase and then through detailed design to address the projects technical challenges.