BHP WAIO Maintenance Services
BHP Billiton Iron Ore Pty Ltd (BHP) is the world’s third largest seaborne Iron Ore producer.
Western Australia Iron Ore (WAIO) is an integrated system of four processing hubs and five mines connected by more than 1,000 kilometres of rail infrastructure and port facilities in the Pilbara region of northern Western Australia, with the primary locations being:
- Port Facilities located near Port Hedland, including Nelson Point and Finucane Island;
- Mine Sites located at Jimblebar, Mining Area C, Mount Whaleback, Eastern Ridge and Yandi.
OUTAGE AND SHUTDOWN SCOPES OVERVIEW
|Period||Total No of Shutdowns||Total Personnel Provided||Peak Shutdown Manning|
NOTABLE BENEFITS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- June 2019 – Partnership with Bloodwood Tree in Port Hedland to provide working at heights, confined space entry and basic scaffolding training program to seven local indigenous people with a six-month work trial on BHP sites to the successful program graduates;
- May 2019 – Placed three young Aboriginal people in a 12-month Certificate III scaffolding traineeship at our Jandakot facility.
- Over 60 outages, Over 40 shutdowns
- 194,493 Manhours to date (May 19)
Feel free to contact